Samyang has announced the final version of the long-waited for Samyang 35mm 1:1.4 AS UMC. The new lens comes with utterly new design, with its distinguishing mark: a metallic red ring.
A new concept version of Samyang 35mm 1:1.4 AS UMC was officially introduced during Photokina 2010 fairs held in Cologne. Since then, Samyang have carried out intensive works to improve optical qualities of the product and devise its unique and exceptional design. The conducted works have allowed them to bring the final version of the lens. Further they decided to add the focusing scale and diminish the overall dimension of the product. Samyang 35mm 1:1.4 AS UMC is an optically sophisticated 35mm f/1.4 wide-angle lens, which was designed for full-frame reflex camera. Nevertheless, it may be also used with APS-C/DX and Four Thirds cameras.
Samyang has introduced the prototype of new manual fish-eye lens compatible with Micro Four Thirds cameras.
Samyang 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fish-eye MFT is a ultra wide-angle manual lens providing 180° angle of view. Apart from compact sizes, it combines the best features of the popular model with 8mm focus, providing the highest-quality optics closed in a compact and visually stunning casing.
Samyang 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fish-eye MFT is the first model in the new series of lenses designed especially for compact cameras featuring the replaceable optics.
Ricoh’s compact digital camera GXR has been honoured with the specially selected ‘Gold Award’ in the ‘iF product design award 2011’ competition, which recognizes international design excellence.
This is the second time that Ricoh has managed to impress the jury and walk away with the award. In 2008, the company was awarded the same prize for GX 100 digital camera.
The ‘iF design award,’ is an internationally acclaimed award, which is managed by the German iF international Forum Design GmbH. The award is not limited to Germany and receives entries from across the world. Winners are chosen on the basis of international acclaim and design excellence.
Pentax has announced the PENTAX Optio S1 digital compact camera with advanced, easy-to-use features and an eye-catching, gem-like finish. Available in striking Chrome or a glossy Black or Green, the Optio S1 is a fashionable and elegant digital camera with an ultralight body featuring:
1) A high resolution 14 megapixel sensor for exceptional image detail.
2) Wide angle 5X optical zoom lens (28-140mm) for flexible image framing.
3) Ample 2.7 inch LCD for easy capture and playback of images and video.
4) Sensor-shift PENTAX Shake Reduction (SR) system for sharp low light and telephoto images.
5) Widescreen 720p HD video capture.
6) Powerful PENTAX Auto Picture mode for set-it-and-forget-it shooting convenience.
7) Fast Face Detection, Smile Capture, and Blink Detection for perfect portraits.
8) High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode for outstanding detail in wide exposure images (new to PENTAX digital compact cameras).
9) PENTAX infrared remote control (remote purchased separately).
10) With meticulous attention given to every design detail, the ultra-compact Optio S1 is the perfect choice for digital photographers who want a very capable, yet elegant and classy, digital camera.
Olympus has launched the ultimate indestructible camera. The new OLYMPUS TOUGH TG-810 delivers fabulous-quality HD movies and stills - and something just as valuable: unlimited peace of mind. This state-of-the-art TOUGH blows the competition away with record-breaking ruggedness and unique TOUGH technology. The stats speak for themselves. The TOUGH flagship is the world’s first camera that’s crushproof to a weight of 100kg, so an adult can tread on it and it’ll keep going fine. Thanks to double-durable lens and port technology, the TG-810 is also waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof and scratch resistant to an unprecedented degree. With its built-in manometer, unique three-sensor GPS & Electronic Compass and high-resolution, glare-resistant HyperCrystal III LCD, this stylish camera is the ideal companion for an active lifestyle-from home to hotel to a hike through the Himalayas. Packed with advanced automatic features for easy shooting in tricky conditions, the new TOUGH captures memories just like they happened, and keeps them extra safe for sharing wirelessly with friends and family.